What happens to my insurance if I place my home in a Trust?

Insurance contracts read that an insurable interest must exist at the time of loss to have coverage. If you and/or your spouse are named insureds on your policy is there coverage for the trust? Please contact our office immediately upon renaming your deed in any manner, especially to a trust. All of our carriers require a special endorsement to afford coverage. There was a claim wherein there was a total home loss due to fire and the property had been placed in a trust and coverage was denied for the home because there was not an insurable interest at the time of loss. Contents coverage was provided by the insurance company, but not for the dwelling itself. Always contact our agency when making changes to any re-titling of property.